Very, very old folders!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SamNeeds, Jul 2, 2010.

1. SamNeeds macrumors regular

Guys and gals,

When ever I transfer data from my MBP HDD to an External HDD, the folder it creates to copy that data to has a created date of, wait for it.....14th February 1946 at 8:34am.

Yeah, very odd! Any ideas why it's doing that? And how to change it so that the dates are correct (i.e. today!) When the folder finishing copying all the dates are fine. It's just that bit in-between whilst it's copying.

I mean, it doesn't affect me in any way at all, it's just a bit odd, so I thought I'd ask if it's just me or other getting it.

2. SamNeeds thread starter macrumors regular

Ah ok, so it's just a little Easter Egg of sorts. Cool.

3. MACADAMN MAN macrumors newbie

SamNeeds - re Feb 14, 1946

I have the exact (almost) same situation.

I am presently transferring an 863 gig (.mov) file from my computer (8Tb, 12 core) to an external hard drive (2 TB).

While it is transferring, in the Date Created column iut reads: Feb 14, 1946, 12:34AM.

I don't get it. Did you find out the cause??

Thanks,

MACADAMNMAN

4. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 603

Mr. Retrofire

Finder.h says here
    --> http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/CarbonHeaders/CarbonHeaders-9A581/Finder.h

It is an internal Finder mechanism, and kMagicBusyCreationDate should be the above mentioned date. Mac OS >= 8.5 (including Mac OS X) is known for better file system protection, which avoids data loss.

5. avflinsch macrumors member

Side effect of "Time Machine"???
    :)

6. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Perhaps...

Isn't that the story where one group of users lived above ground using Macs...
    [​IMG]

While another group of users lived below ground using Windows...
    [​IMG]