Very weird ipod touch 2g problem . . . read more

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Liebo11, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Liebo11 macrumors member

So I noticed last night that my ipod wasn't being recognized by my computer. I took it to the apple store today and they said to bring my computer in with it and the first available appointment is in a few days. So in the meantime they plugged it into their computers and its being recognized there. My brother plugged his regular ipod into my computer and thats being recognized here so its not my computer nor is it my cable. But somehow its also not my ipod touch because it was being recgonized at the store? What the hell is going on?

2. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

ok now it gets weirder . . . i hooked my ipod touch up to my brothers macbook and it recognizes it there as well . . . anyone?

3. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I had this problem a few months ago, I took my computer and touch into apple and what I had to do was create a new user on my mac and transfer all my account info from the old to the new, took me about an hour and reset up itunes. Plugged my touch in a not a problem. Sometime it just corrupts.

Its a pain in the ass but thats what apple told me to do and it worked

5. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

what corrupts though? why would it only be my ipod touch on my computer? it works on others computers and others work on mine

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm not entirely sure but I had the same exact problem, it worked on all other computers and all my other ipods worked. when you go to apple you can ask them about it, but they didnt really go into much detail with me. Something in the itunes and the account on the computer spazzes and causes the touch not to sync correctly. Well I'm guessing its that.

Sorry not too helpful

Matt

7. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

thats so weird . . . maybe i'll just try uninstalling and reinstalling itunes? thanks for the help

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Goodluck

9. Liebo11 thread starter macrumors member

well . . . i uninstalled and reinstalled and it . . . WORKED!!! thanks for the help man

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Glad to hear! Your welcome, glad I could assist :)

11. ZuneMan?, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012