Very Weird Issue with Itunes, my MBPRO and my MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jarpod, Apr 24, 2008.

1. jarpod macrumors member

So anyways, I have a 17" intel core 2 duo iMac (white one, Upgraded to 10.5)
    My Itunes library works really well on this computer, MPGS run smoothly on it.

Issue comes when I try to playback an mpg video from quicktime or from itunes on my MBair of Mbpro.... The video playback starts flickering and looks as if it was being streamed from a very slow internet connection....
    I thought It was a software issue because my imac was working fine, so I restored my MBA (swiped hdd and fresh install) and copied ONLY an mpg file to the MBA and same issue again!!!!

.movs play seamlessly on all 3 computers, its mpgs that are giving me a hard time!
    Any help or suggestion?
    thanks!

2. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

need some more info

How many .mpg's have you tried, and are they from different sources? Also, using Activity Monitor, how high does the CPU run when playing the files, on each computer?

3. jarpod thread starter macrumors member

Ive tried like 20 of them.... tthey all run on my imac but not on my laptops... I will try the activity monitor thingy and submit my results

thanks!

4. jarpod thread starter macrumors member

Activity monitor shows up a steady CPU usage.... I really dont know what could the issue be.... :(:(

5. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

Steadily low or high is what I was getting at. What % does it read on each of the 3 computers you are using?