Very weird problems with Lion GM

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by California King, Jul 9, 2011.

1. California King, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

California King macrumors 65816

Just recently, I just noticed a few very weird problems with Lion. For instance, every key on my keyboard would start display letters of the Greek alphabet like Σ for the "A" key and volume up would open System Preferences. When you right click over any open application on the dock, it only shows Force Quit. Alsø*ß˙ø®†*å˜∂

EDIT: lol, wow, that was bad timing. Decided to submit it anyways because I thought it was sort of funny. Now, not so funny anymore since there definitely seems to be something wrong with my computer! Also, didn't even know this thread posted because when I clicked submit thread, it downloaded a .php of the webpage to my computer! A restart usually makes these problems go away, but apparently, the problems come back. One other weird thing is when I clicked restart, it didn't give me the option to reopen all windows like it usually does and it brings me to the screen where it shows the recovery partition. And no, I'm not making this all up!

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Holding down alt/option will cause it to type symbols, download pages when clicking links and will bring you to a menu to choose your boot partition when you reboot. The key's stuck :p

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

No way! Wow, I had no idea, haha. I guess that explains it all! Time to buy a new keyboard then :eek: