Very weird Safari error, after downgrading to v2.0.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Thrash911, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

    Thrash911

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Location:
    Randers, DK
    #1
    Hey Fellas,

    I was on a danish gaming site (small java games) yesterday, and realized that the games were unstable (froze up). I played with some friends, so I had no time to look into it. I continued to play on that site in Windows XP running in Parallels, and it ran flawless. That's beside the point, though..

    Today I started looking into it. The site uses Java for it's games, so I checked for that. Apple Java was installed, and it was the latest version. I used the new Beta of the new Safari, so I thought maybe there was a problem with that. After all, it WAS beta.. So I used the uninstaller for that beta, to go back to the old Safari version. After I did that, things only got worse.

    Now, when I as much as access the site (www.komogvind.dk), this error appears:

    "There was a problem with the request.(Code: undefined)" (click it)

    I can then click OK and the site continues to load. If I decide to stay on the site, the same error appears several times. The site works fine in Firefox (besides the games still freezing up).

    I also tried removing Safari (with AppZapper v1.8.0 - don't know if it removes all Related), reinstalling it from Apples OS X install DVDs and checking for updates. The same error still appears. Tried Googling for the problem also, but only found 1 hit on a discussion forum, and it had no solution to the problem..

    I'm lost.. What does this error mean? More importantly, how do I fix it? Anybody with clues/hints..? :(
     
  2. clevin macrumors G3

    clevin

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2006
    #2
    Microsoft polluted JAVA standard with its specially designed JVM for IE. and sounds like there will be no way to play it well under OSX.
     
  3. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Thrash911

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Location:
    Randers, DK
    #3
    Thanks for the interresting info, clevin!

    I have solved the problem. I would have liked to know which files were the problem, but I will never know I guess. What I did was, choosing "Reset Safari..." from the Safari menu. After that, the weird error went away. So.. I'm happy.. :)

    EDIT: :( I was wrong.. All that did was deleting something, so it did not log in automatically. When I log back in now, the weird error back.. I wonder what the HELL is going on... DAMMIT!
     

Share This Page