Very wet Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cookiesnfooty, Jun 7, 2014.

1. cookiesnfooty, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014

cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Hi guys,

Well I was stupid and spilt a pint of orange soda on the Macbook, I killed it and it refused to come on and has been dead for two weeks, even after repeatably turning it on after drying it out still dead.

Until, I was reading about repairing them and it suggested taking apart the Macbook and soaking with isopropyl alcohol. I bought the isopropyl alcohol and a torx T6 screwdriver and drenched the logic board following this I scrubbed it with a toothbrush to make sure I couldn't see anything out of place.

3hours later after the logic bought was dry (the spray said it was quick drying) I re-built the Macbook and powered her up and its working fine.

Only casualty could be the DVI port as it wouldn't come on, however that could be just the damaged cable as I yanked it out quick after the accident.

So if anyone has an accident and feels brave it is possible to fix, I followed the steps from here

2. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

Oh wow. Great job! It would have been cool if you had documented the whole process, but oh man if this had happened to me I don't know if I could hold my composure. >_>

3. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

[​IMG]

4. cookiesnfooty thread starter macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Yeah I had to scrub it with a toothbrush when I took the logic board out but I had no idea it was going to work, I had just read of a few stories when searching google and came across a few youtube videos.

From reading I think i'm very lucky no chips had burnt out from turning the machine on several times, just a case of corrosion stopping the machine powering on.