Very wierd issue regarding Pages. Need immediate assistance.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xenotaku, Sep 16, 2007.

1. xenotaku macrumors regular

Hey everyone. I have always been a word user, even on my mac. I recently began using pages and really like the interface and all, but a VERY odd problem has arisen.

I save my documents, and then try to send them in an email. They don't attach! It's like email programs don't recognize the .pages extension!! Anyone heard of this? I really need to get some documents over to my professor, but they won't send.

To make sure it was .pages extension that was not working and not my email (i use gmail and novell) I attached a .doc file, and it attached and sent fine. It's like the .pages extension is not able to be attached to my emails. Anyone?!?!!?

I could use some immediate help, the hold time at Apple is over 20 min right now.

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It's because .Pages files are actually folders in disguise (like a lot of files in OS X). Archive it into a ZIP and send that.

3. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

what he said, stuff like aperture libraries and the new iphone are like that, also old imovie 6 projects, if u move it to a pc, it wont show as a file, it will show as a folder