Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
I want verizon iphone asap.

But i also want white version of it.

What is everyone doing who wants such combo?

I am dying to pre order... lets speculate here

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
If you want a white iPhone, you will have to go with a third party to get parts for it. You won't be able to order one from Verizon.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010

Why would you want an expensive phone that looks like it's made out of cheap plastic and will probably stain and turn yellow from palm sweat in 6 months?

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Why would you want an expensive phone that looks like it's made out of cheap plastic and will probably stain and turn yellow from palm sweat in 6 months?

There's glass over the white so it wont stain anymore than the black one will. and it wont look like cheap plastic, it will look like glass

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005

Since we don't have any confirmation of a white GSM iPhone, either (just speculation at this point), the only thing you can do is wait.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Seriously, there is lack of interest in white iphone? I am surprised that people do not want white iphone. I like to see what all my options are...

martiansoldier

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2010
Seriously, there is lack of interest in white iphone? I am surprised that people do not want white iphone. I like to see what all my options are...

If you want an OEM white iPhone from Verizon, you have one option: PUT IT ON YOUR WISH LIST AND WAIT!

Alaerian

Jan 6, 2005
A barstool, Innis & Gunn in hand
If you would have bothered to search the forums, you would find dozens and dozens of "white iphone" threads that all ask the exact same (or a very similar) question. These threads have been going on for almost a year.

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010

You think you're talking something new, but it's really been a bit beaten to death several months ago.

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
Many ways to get a white iPhone. You can have one of a dozen or so companies convert your iPhone or any phone to white.

http://www.colorwarepc.com

It may not be officially manufactured by Apple, but it's better than waiting potentially for ever for Apple to start shipping real white iPhones, that could for practicality, never be shipped.

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
ok I didn't word things carefully.

I wanted to know originally what people are doing who wanted white iphone on verizon when feb 3rd date is looming ever so closely.

I am sitting at borderline and most likely log onto verizon site on feb 3rd and see how I feel... But hoping that will get more news of potential release date.(it would be best if it was released on 3rd of feb).

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV

You're dumb, sorry.

How does it look like it's' made from plastic? Do white cars look cheap & made from plastic as well?

And stain / turn yellow? There is glass over both sides, just like the black iPhone 4. It doesn't discolor. (I've had a white iPhone 4 for about 4 months now.)

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
You should wait for official white version to be released first.

I never understood why people prefer the white version. Personally I find the black look to be very appealing. Doesn't the white version become, uh, dirty? Never had a white phone before so kind of curious.

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
ok I didn't word things carefully.

I wanted to know originally what people are doing who wanted white iphone on verizon when feb 3rd date is looming ever so closely.

I am sitting at borderline and most likely log onto verizon site on feb 3rd and see how I feel... But hoping that will get more news of potential release date.(it would be best if it was released on 3rd of feb).

There's a possibility VZ will offer the option on the site, who knows? Obviously the signs are there that it will pop up soon finally...but we don't know if it will be this month or next...

If VZ does NOT offer the white on the 3rd or beginning the 10th....but introduce it later this month, you have a 14-day window for exchanges. So if the white one comes out within 14 days of the 10th...you could just switch it for a white one.

I would do that...but if it doesn't work out then it doesn't. I'm absolutely not going to wait for a white one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.