Resolved Vesa monitor arm recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rmwebs, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rmwebs, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

rmwebs macrumors 68040

Hi all,

I've been using a 2 screen setup on a Mac Pro, however moved to a rMBP a couple of months ago. The main reason for this was that the rMBP specs were fine for me, plus it supported 2 screens. It seemed silly to own a MBA and a MP when I could ditch both and get a sexy new rMBP :D

So, I've now got my rMBP plugged into my 2 screens, and the rMBP just sits at the side on a griffin elevator. However I've decided to try and make more use of the retina display, so want to put it in-between the 2 24" monitors and use it as my main display.

At the moment the 2 24" screen are mounted on a (CRAP) dual-monitor mount attached to the back of the desk. I'll carry on using that for 1 of the displays but need to find another monitor arm for the second display.

It needs to support a 24" screen, and clamp to a wooden desk.

I've done a bit of shopping around but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for ones to look at / ones to avoid?

Many thanks.

2. TheRocketmac macrumors member

TheRocketmac

3. rmwebs thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'm in the UK and sadly dont have monoprice here. I did however find a pretty decent looking one on Amazon and ended up going with that. :)

4. TheRocketmac macrumors member

TheRocketmac

I have the two monitor version of that one attached to my desk right now. :)

Have not experienced a problem with it since I started using it close to a year ago.