VESA Mount for Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by haravikk, Oct 18, 2013.

1. haravikk macrumors 65816

Okay so I'm trying to tidy up a desk which currently includes a Mac Mini, and since the monitor I'm using with it has VESA mounting holes on the back I figured a VESA mount could be a neat option for getting the Mac Mini off the desk entirely.

However, all of the Mac Mini specific mounts I've found are pretty expensive for what they are! What I'm wondering is if there are any less expensive alternatives? I'm not too bothered about the security features of the mount so I don't need it to be heavy duty or anything, just a mount that can keep a Mac Mini securely in place, preferably with the ports aimed downwards but without covering the power button.

So, are there any good generic VESA mounts, or mounts for other small devices, that I could use with a Mac Mini, or anything that could be easily modified to do-so?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

There are 100's of models available for this purpose. Just google 'mac mini wall mount'

3. haravikk thread starter macrumors 65816

These are the kinds of things I've been looking at, but they're pretty expensive for what they are. I do have some aluminium strips and could probably make a serviceable bracket myself with some careful bending and rubber pads to ensure grip, I'm just hoping to save myself the hassle.

One option that stood out for me though is the H-Squared Mini Mount which is actually just a replacement base-plate for the mini, but again it's very much on the pricey side (around £50 here in the UK everywhere I've looked so far).

It does seem a very neat solution though, so I'm wondering, would the stock Mac Mini base be strong enough for me to just drill holes into to do this myself? It's possible to get replacement Mac Mini bases for less than half the price of the H-Squared bracket so I wouldn't just be drilling into my mini's only cover hoping for the best; has anyone tried doing it this way?