Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple plans to launch its next Apple Watch Activity Challenge on Saturday, November 11, to honor the upcoming Veterans Day holiday in the United States.

veterans-day-2022-activity-badge.jpg

Apple Watch owners can earn the Veterans Day award by doing any workout for 11 minutes or more on November 11.
Earn this special award on November 11 by doing any workout for 11 minutes or more. Record your time with the Workout app or any app that adds workouts to Health.
Like all Activity Challenges, the Veterans Day challenge will be accompanied by an award that can be viewed in the Fitness app and a series of animated stickers that can be used in the Messages app.

veterans_day_2023_1.png

veterans_day_2023_3.png

veterans_day_2023_2.png

VeteransDay_Sticker_animated.png

Apple offers a Veterans Day Activity Challenge annually, and the challenge is usually joined by other Veterans Day-themed content in the App Store, Apple TV app, Books app, and more.

Article Link: Veterans Day Apple Watch Activity Challenge Taking Place November 11

rehkram

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2018
upstate NY
Any workout over 11 minutes? No worries. By the time I've walked half a mile and back to empty the mailbox, fed the chickens etc and collected the eggs, said Hi to the goats, cats and dog, searched for any late lurking tomatoes, tomatillos and eggplants, it'll be close to an hour.

I love life down on the hobby farm most of the time. watchOS is perfect for my lifestyle, it's so easy to cheat the fitness app while still receiving the benefits of being reminded to get off my butt. It's a win/win situation.

Last edited:

Radio Signal

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2015
Michigan
Of course Apple has a female emoji doing pull-ups, clearly Apple is not aware of the double standard we have for women in regards to physical fitness standard/test in the Armed Forces.
When I was in (88-94) WMs would do pull ups every PT session. The only time they did those flex things was during PFT. I saw a WM knock out 19 once. We all booed when the NCOs wouldn’t even count.

Just to see how different things are today I spent a whopping 5 seconds on google. It’s not the women who don’t want to cut it (heck, they’re infantry now!), it’s the “well-meaning “ dudes, like yourself, holding up progress.

What do I know, I’m Old Corps. GTFO my lawn.

The_Martini_Cat

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2015
The Martinicat will be working out for 11 minutes on November 11 and, if it's like any other day, for another 111 minutes by the time the day is done. 🍸🐈

Reactions: TGM85
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.