VGA Dual Monitor Set-up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaliciousDesign, Sep 29, 2007.

1. MaliciousDesign macrumors member

Hey everyone, I tried to see if there was a similar thread relating to my topic but I didn't find one.

I bought a VGA cable so I would be able to plug my Macbook Pro into my bigger computer monitor. But the VGA cable is SO small, it won't even reach to my monitor...I feel like I must be doing something wrong, can anyone help?

I'd appreciate it. :confused:

-Eddy

2. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

To my knowledge, most vga monitors already have a cable with a male lead coming out of them (the end of which would likely be blue), and most adapters have a female vga lead. You should be able to plug the monitor cable into the vga end of the adapter. I've never seen a vga monitor with a cable in, except as a secondary in, in which case there is still the main cable...

3. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

Too small or too short?

It sounds like it is too short, so in that case just bring the laptop closer to the screen... which you must have tried by now. Did I miss something? Did you take it out of the packaging? ;) Buy a longer cable maybe?

:confused:

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Did you buy a cable or adapter? You'll need a DVI-VGA adapter to plug your VGA monitor into that monitor. You shouldn't need a VGA cable, that should be on the monitor already.