VHS iMovie 11 conversion sync issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by winty03, Mar 4, 2011.

1. winty03 macrumors regular

I am having an issue with converting a VHS film that is 1hr 45mins long into an iMovie clip. Setup is, VCR out (RCA) to DV camcorder pass-through (firewire) into my MBP. Last night during my first attempt I manually captured the entire film (1hr 45mins) and during playback of the clip..sometime during the film/capture the voice and lip sync got off (fine in beginning of movie, bad at the end). I never received any errors and or have any other issues. This morning I captured a few 10 or 15 sec clips of the spots that were off sync (at the end of the film) and those few clips were perfect. So I am pretty sure its not the tape or vcr. Any ideas, setting or something I could try to figure it out? Thanks

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Can't help with the import, but once in iMovie, you could detach the audio, then split the audio clip and move a section slightly to line it up again.

3. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

Only issue I see doing that is, then the front of the movie will be off? I suppose I need to find where it "gets off" and then sip and adjust on each side...