Viable Upgrade For HD?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Confuzzeled23, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,
    Planning on buying an Aluminum Macbook 2.0 Ghz. I was wondering, I am planning on getting the basic package as I have found that people have been saying it's much cheaper to upgrade yourself. I was looking around on Apple, and to upgrade to a 250 GB it costs $100 extra. So, I was looking around on NewEgg.ca and I found this HD, http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136314 . This is a 500GB drive for about $130. Will this drive work in my Macbook? and I am looking at the 5400 RPM because it doesn't drain the battery as fast. Am I correct in saying that? I'm not knowledgeable about upgrading parts.
    Thanks for any replies. :apple:

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Yes this hard drive will work as seen Here (at a lower price)

3. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply. Is this site Canadian, or at the least, ship to Canada? Also, are these drives known to be good and reliable?
    Thanks.

4. stabile007 macrumors regular

stabile007

Newegg (The US one at least) is a very reputable site. The newegg.ca is their Canadian page I believe and all prices there are Canadian and of course they deliver to Canada :). Western Digital is one of the most reliable hard drive manufacturers along with other top companies. However like any large company you are bound to find people who have had a streak of bad luck. But my old HP had a 250gb WD I upgraded to and it worked fine.

Hope that helps!