Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
I tried rebooting the phone and re-installing the app. Still crashing. What’s the problem?

joepatr

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Looks like various Apps are closing on opening, see Twitter.

I can’t open Spotify, Waze or Pinterest. Many others reporting the same issue.

Comment

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
Looks like various Apps are closing on opening, see Twitter.

I can’t open Spotify, Waze or Pinterest. Many others reporting the same issue.
I was about to create another thread RE spotify crashing as well.
[automerge]1594385088[/automerge]
Hope it’s not another third party SDK issue.
Apparently it is.

Last edited:
Comment

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I got an email from One Drop this afternoon warning that there might be trouble with their app due to this bug. I didn't see any problem as I don't have facebook linked to the app (or any other app if I can avoid it), but it was good to see a company being proactive in informing their users about potential issues

Comment

one more

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I had my Spotify crash on me as well about four hours ago. An iPad restart fixed the issue and Spotify have just released an update which hopefully fixes this bug too.

Comment

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I got an email from One Drop this afternoon warning that there might be trouble with their app due to this bug. I didn't see any problem as I don't have facebook linked to the app (or any other app if I can avoid it), but it was good to see a company being proactive in informing their users about potential issues
Seems like whether Facebook is actually linked doesn't really play much or a role as it's mostly down to whether an app uses the SDK from Facebook (whether or not the user makes any actual use of it). Supposedly it seems that the issue has been resolved at this point.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.