Vibrate notifications while on a call... They are gone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason B, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jason B macrumors regular

Also, just noticed, WHEN YOU ARE ON A CALL, and check your email, or get a new text message, when your are on a call, the phone used to vibrate with my 3GS to notify you. With my Iphone 4, it doesn't do it at all now. I'm wondering if this was a change in IOS 4.0, or a change with Iphone 4??

Can anyone test? Again, you have to be on a call, so call 611 if you can't call anyone you know :)

2. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Check your sound settings.
    The option to have the phone both ring and vibrate is still there in 4.0.

Attached Files:

3. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

This is not what the OP is referring to.

4. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

What I'm talking about is when you are ON a phone call... It used to vibrate for notifications, while ON A CALL.

1) Say you check your email while ON A CALL, you'd get a vibrate to tell you it found new mail

2) if you get a new text message while ON A CALL, it would vibrate. Not anymore...

5. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Ahh I see.. I read it the other way around.
    My bad. :p

6. darrenLM2010 macrumors newbie

So just curious if there was an outcome of wheather or not there is a salution or if we are S.O.L. on this one. I really liked having this option on my 3GS. Haven't really used the phone part of the ip4 too much yet. :confused:

7. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

I'm still on my 3G with 4.0... (Unfortuntely).

In a call earlier today, I still had the vibration notification for a text message. So iOS 4.0 didn't change that from my knowledge.

8. Jason B thread starter macrumors regular

9. darrenLM2010 macrumors newbie

The question was about the IP4 and or for a FUTURE software upgrade not the 3GS. ;)

10. granviper macrumors newbie

I have the same question sort of...

I am in the middle of a call and I I get 5 or 6 messages come in at once and they are now interrupting my phone conversation with beeps and dings while I am on a call, then when I am trying to hang up on the call I have to hit close on all the pop up messages till I can finally hang up the phone.:mad: Can any one help he with this?:(

I would prefer it saying you have messages but I am not going to bug you right now while your in the middle of your call.:(

11. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

This is great!!