Vibrate Switch Broke Off. I'm sorry iPhone, I hate you.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IndianaiPhone, Jul 22, 2008.

1. IndianaiPhone macrumors regular

Well. I finally happened. My iPhone 3G has ****ed up to the point when I am beginning to really hate it. Reasons why:

Before I walk out of the store after getting my iPhone I switch on and off the vibrate switch and hear a horrible sound that sounds like the vibrator vibrating against the plastic. AT&T said they will give me a new iPhone 3G as soon as they get regular shipments in. (1-2 months)

Apps keep crashing.

The iPhone keeps crashing when its not even doing anything and takes forever to boot back up.

The battery flat out sucks.

The chrome vibrate switch broke off!!! Ya, you heard me right. I switched it to on today and it broke clean off.

I am an Apple fanboy and you hardly ever hear me say that I hate any of my Apple products but the iPhone has driven me over the edge.

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

3. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

that sucks bro...maybe you just don't know your own strength and tried to hulk that ****

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

So get it replaced for free via an Apple Genius.

5. IndianaiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

My closest Apple Genius is 2 hours away.

6. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have been reading about a few vibrate switches that have broken off and to tell you the truth, that is the first thing I noticed when I held the demo iPhone at AT&T. The switch felt cheap and the cutout where the switch was did not seem straight and it did not slide and smoothly and easily as the first iPhone model.

7. IndianaiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

I will love the iPhone again as soon as it stops ****ing up.

8. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

your closest replacement is 1-2 months away

9. IndianaiPhone thread starter macrumors regular

Lets see. Wait two months or spend $$$ on gas to drive 2 hours fix my vibrate switch and a vibrating noise on the inside on my iPhone. I think I'd rather spend the $$$.

10. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

My mom's silent/vibrate switch broke off too 2-3 days after she got it.

11. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

This is what happens when u use the awesome glass iphone screen to chop coke, snort it and then turn off your ringer switch so nobody looks at u. LOL. Seriously, that sucks.

12. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

mine broke within 2 hours of buying it. took it back and they had none in stock. will keep it though as all the rest is fine. how these phones passed quality control beats me.

13. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I think there was a period in production that some switches were shoddy. I had a phone with a tough switch and returned it before anything else happened to it like breaking off. My replacement iphone is great. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

14. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

well I understand the apps keeps shutting down. It was like this on my windows based phone so I am use to this, but this is the first upgrade with the app store so I belive apple with fix that. Now as for quality control apple had to make 1 million of these phones within 71 days so must of missed a couple ((I know this is not a good excuse but you gotta look at how many they made in a short span)) well just look at that 20 bucks of gas going to good use also go shopping at the same time so you don't waste all that gas money or invite your friends to go with you over there and hang out for the day.