vibrate switch has a mind of it's own...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    anybody else ever have the vibrate switch "magically" change from vibrate to "on"?? I can't recall it ever changing from on to vibrate in the same manner (or at least not nearly as much).

This has proved to be difficult in some scenarios such as work, church, meetings, etc when the thing will just suddenly sound off. and yes i KNOW i had it in vibrate. Once I checked it after it make an SMS noise and the phone was still in vibrate... :confused:

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it because I have my iphone naked so it's easier to switch the button back and forth?

2. slashjunior macrumors regular

I occasionally have the same problem. I think it is just my mute switch is over sensitive. Sometimes I think I just forget to mute it others I think it switches itself in my pocket sometimes. If it is something important like a wedding then I just turn off the iPhone just to be sure :p

3. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    :eek: I don't think I could ever turn mine off ;) But if I do want to be extra careful then I turn the ringer volume down all the way it can go (to one dot) and then mute it. This way if it does accidentally switch unfortunately it will still make sound, but it'll be very quiet :)

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Yes it happens to me occasionally. The vibrate switch isn't that solid. Hopefully something they can make something a little more sturdy with the next version of the iPhone. Having a switch for Off/Vibrate/On would be great. Having to go into the settings to turn vibrate off manually is quite annoying.