Vibration Control/Charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kingofclouds, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Kingofclouds macrumors member

Kingofclouds

I recently switched to iPhone SE from 6S. Overall loving the SE and I'm happy with the trade-offs to get this phone.

One thing I noticed is that when I plug the phone in to charge it vibrates even when all the vibration motors are disabled in the software. I recalled that this was the case before with my old iPhones. I wondered if I had just not noticed this with the 6 and 6S or in fact Apple had changed things with those phones.

So I checked on the 6S - vibrate on ring ON, vibrate on silent OFF, mute switch in silent position - no vibration when charger is connected.

Then I thought maybe its to do with the taptic engine?

Dusted off old iPhone 5S....installed the SAME backup profile as from 6S. So again with vibrate on ring ON, vibrate on silent OFF, mute switch in silent position - no vibration when charger is connected.

Confusing...must be software setting on SE I thought next...

Installed the same backup profile on SE, so basically all three phones are cloned. Checked in the settings and everything looks exactly the same.

So on the SE...vibrate on ring ON, vibrate on silent OFF, mute switch in silent position - STILL vibration when charger is connected?

What am I missing guys?!

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

What is the problem with a short vibrate when you plug it into the charger?

Am I missing something?

3. Kingofclouds thread starter macrumors member

Kingofclouds

Nothing particularly, just that I had got used to it without the vibration and I can't understand the different behaviours of the different handsets. I just wanted to understand if this was a common experience or if I was missing something obvious such as a revision in control of this in iOS 9