Vibration When Being Plugged In

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kolax, Sep 17, 2013.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Curious as to whether Apple have 'fixed' this - with your iPhone on silent with vibration turned off, does it still vibrate when you plug it into your charger?

This is a big pain for me when I'm at work and want to charge my phone. The vibrate on my iPhone 5 is quite loud, so it's audible to those around me. I generally dock my iPhone when I'm at my desk.

2. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

If the vibration is audible enough to be heard from your desk by other people I suggest you have it looked at...

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Apple uses sound or vibration as an indicator that a proper connection has been made and the phone is charging. I guess without it you'd only know by looking at the phone, which is certainly a good option if you don't care for any other notification and have them turned off. I guess some design decisions are not under full control of user selections...or don't fully conform to them due to some importance of the alert that Apple assigns to it.

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

It's on my list to do. My first iPhone 5 was really quiet at vibrating, but the lock button stopped working so Apple replaced it. My warranty runs out soon, so I should take a trip soon.