Victorinox Sleeve (or Anything Better)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kunikuni, Apr 17, 2008.

1. kunikuni macrumors newbie

Hi, I am seeking a nice protective sleeve for my 13" MacBook. I do have a laptop backpack, but I am looking for a sleeve that I can use to protect my computer when I would carry it in some other bags. The sleeves I've seen so far mostly seem to protect from scratches, not much from exterior shock.

Victorinox seems to have a nice protective design, but it seems that they would fit well with 15" laptops. Is there anyone who tried Victorinox sleeve with 13" laptops? Or is there any other products that you would recommend? Thanks!

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Brenthaven makes some stuff you can toss out the back of a pickup truck (they have a video on their site, of course).

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know about them, but remember that they specialize in Swiss Army knives, not laptop shizzle. ;)

Go with anything that's made from a "foam" material that bounces back to shape. I used to recommend an STM sleeve, but stupidly enough, STM actually took their BEST sleeve off the market, and only have their crappy neoprene sleeve for sale. People weren't willing to pay an extra $10 for their better sleeve. Sure, neoprene cases protect from scratches, but so does a pillowcase! STM should start reselling the super-high density foam ones again so that I can keep recommending their products. Right now, I can't.

I have their better sleeve, and I would honestly feel comfortable dropping my laptop 10 times from a height of 5 or 6 feet, whether it land on a corner, an edge, or face down.

I think there's something called the "Zero Shock" that's still available. It's the same deal with their product, I think.

4. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

5. kunikuni thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

"Abstract">> "Zero Shock" is what Brenthaven claims. I think I'll go with their Eclipse series.