Vidalia Settings For Browser

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JohnWiley, Feb 7, 2010.

1. JohnWiley macrumors newbie

Does anyone have the proper setup for the (Tor Bundle) Vidalia Application permitting one to "Hide Their IP Address"?

Under Settings - Advanced, there appear two address blocks. It was my belief that the first block should be the same as my browser address. Apparently that is no the case. In any event, what numbers/character sequences should fill these two fields?

Also, when starting Vidalia, following installation, the Green Onion Icon never appeared, the "Connecting To Tor" progress bar only partially filled. Is this error caused by the first problem?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You don't really need to mess with the advanced settings. Vidalia/Tor works pretty much right "out of the box."

However, there might be a version issue if you've applied the latest OS X security patch which broke openSSL. See this thread on a similar issue.

3. JohnWiley thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm attempting to start Version 0.2.6 See attachment.

I'm not a source code builder and am unable to compile the software package.

On downloading, I'm restricted to the linked object.

Attached Files:

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

As it states in the blog post that I linked to in the other thread, 0.2.6 will not work with an Intel Mac.