VIDCAP: eyeTV vs blackmagic = recommendations please

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by coldmedina, Mar 12, 2010.

1. coldmedina macrumors newbie

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Did you even look at the products that you linked to?

Blackmagic. The Blackmagic video recorder supports standard-definitition video connections, S-video and composite video, and extended/high-definition connection YUV component video. This is not a tuner.

elgato. You linked to the eyetv hybrid tuner. It can receive ATSC digital broadcasts, NTSC analog cable, and Clear QAM (unscrambled) digital cable. It includes cables and adapters to capture video in S-video, composite video, and YUV component video. This is a more functional product than the Blackmagic recorder.

elgato. The elgato video capture dongle is closer to a direct competitor to the Blackmagic recorder. It supports connections via S-video and composite video, but is missing YUV component video.

The bottomline is that you need to determine what you intend to do before anyone can tell you which device best fits your needs.

3. coldmedina thread starter macrumors newbie

yes? maybe? wouldn't i have to see the page to copy the link? and i'm the one asking the questions on this thread, buddy.

you know for as much time you spent typing all of that, i'm sure you could have just given a recommendation and i could have figured it out.

and not sure what part of "looking to pick a capture interface up to archive some shows off my comcast DVR." doesn't state my intentions?

but thanks anyway.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes, I read that. However, I also read your link to a tuner which has nothing to do with getting shows off a DVR.

Probably most important is that you did not describe the features of your DVR. Many have composite video, YUV component video, VGA, HDMI, and FireWire. Depending on the ports available on your DVR, it may be possible to connect it to your Mac using only a cable.

But you chose to ask a question with insufficient information and seemingly conflicting options. And when you got an answer that you did not like, you got upset. :rolleyes: