Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Along with major additions like StandBy mode, Live Voicemail, Contact Posters, and NameDrop, there are dozens if not hundreds of smaller, lesser known features that Apple is adding in iOS 17.

In our latest YouTube video, we rounded up a list of 15 features in iOS 17 that you might not know about, from changes to Visual Look Up to AirTag sharing to new functionality in Messages, Reminders, and Photos. It can be hard to keep up with what's been added in iOS 17, but we're dedicated to making sure you don't miss any iOS 17 changes.

Make sure to watch the video up above to see the features in action, and for even more on what's new in iOS 17, we have a comprehensive iOS 17 roundup that outlines all of the changes coming in the update.

Article Link: Video: 15 Hidden iOS 17 Features You Need to Know About

Last edited:

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I love that private browsing is behind a Face ID authentication. I hope they bring this to all safari profiles as an option. If youre home and want to hand your phone or iPad to the kids, it’s fine that they can access your Personal profile but they shouldn’t be able to open your Work profile without authentication. Easy to implement this since each profile has its own settings.

randyhudson

Suspended
Oct 28, 2007
USA
Sorry, but in what sense are these features hidden? AFAIK iOS 17 hasn’t been released yet. Even so, Apple have already talked about many of these Features

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Would be nice to have a recent apps folder of more than 8, right now I use the Siri suggestion pull down but you can't pull down if you're in a sub folder. :rolleyes:

Would be nice to long press on an app and also have a Settings option.

Would be nice if you could choose more than the two zoom features, maybe a fine granular control option.

Denzo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Australia
I just want split screen like my Samsung flip does it (or any Samsung does I think) on my iPhone 13 PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.