Video background in keynote

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wesg, Sep 9, 2008.

1. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

I'm working on a heavy multimedia project in Keynote 08 and would like to have a video background in some of my slides. While inserting a video onto a master slide is simple enough, I'd like to know if any forum members have any innovative ways to get the movie to keep rolling regardless of slide changes. This way the movie doesn't start over again when the next slide is chosen.

Any ideas?

2. jwett macrumors newbie

Cant because each slide works on its own.

You can just put everything on one slide and make the appearance of multiple slides, but that can get messy if the presentation is more than a few slides long.

You can also make it so that you're presentation runs on it's own triggers the next event after a certain amount of time... but that means there is no time for pauses...

Not sure why you would want to do that... the motion of the video is going to detract from what you're saying because no one will be paying attention to you. Beats the purpose of gathering everyone in for a meeting... and as a manager... meetings where nothing is learned is a waste of time and a waste of money.

3. wesg thread starter macrumors regular

wesg

It's not a meeting, it's more of a performance. The background won't be too flashy, it's just to add some motion and depth to the songs.

What kind of plugins are available for Keynote?