Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taraaaaaaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2020
Hi!
I'm curious about overclocking my 3 nvidia video cards which are pc cards flashed to mac.

Card 1: OEM Geforce3 Ti 200 64MB
Card 2: Sparkle Geforce4 Ti 4200 128MB
Card 3: Geforce FX 5500 256MB flashed with FX5200 rom

There doesn't seem to be any on the fly overclocking utilities for nvidia so it looks like editing and flashing roms are the way to go.

Graphiccelerator only opens the OEM Geforce4 Ti rom from the mac elite site but that rom soft bricks the card and requires it to be re-flashed in a PC with nvflash.

Is there a way to manually edit the clocks in the working Geforce4 rom?
None of this information seems to exist anywhere anymore.

Maybe there's a simple modification to allow the OEM Geforce4 Ti rom work on my card?
I tried editing the header to match the PCI Ids of my card but it still doesn't work, maybe there's a checksum somewhere?

Finally, maybe the nvidia flash utility on OSX (10.4) is just straight up bricking the card and it needs to be flashed in a PC for every change?

Thanks for any help :)

Taraaaaaaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2020
I can try flashing the same rom using those tools in single user mode and see if it still boots afterward.

Taraaaaaaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2020
Works fine even with changing the device name within the rom so it's not a flasher or checksum issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.