Video Button For iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DocStone, May 25, 2014.

1. DocStone macrumors regular

DocStone

I would like to somehow configure my iPhone so that when I hit the power button at the top (say twice quickly) it will launch the video recording on my phone.

Anyone know how to do this? Is there an app or way to configure?

Thanks in advance...

2. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

You'll need to jailbreak for that kind of function

3. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

If it helps, on the lockscreen you can swipe up on the camera icon in the lower right to get to the camera.

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

You might be able to do it with some sort of a jailbreak tweak (as someone mentioned), but I'm not even sure you'd still be able to use the lock/sleep button for that.

As an alternative of sorts (when the phone is unlocked) you can use an app like Capture - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/capture-quick-video-camera/id442879059 - which would start recording a video as soon as you launch it. Not sure if it would be useful with whatever it is that you might need all this for, but perhaps it's something to look into.

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

The only way you have would be able to make your iPhone do that is if you jailbreak and install a certain app. I can't really remember what its called though, so I'm not much help :)

6. DocStone thread starter macrumors regular

DocStone

Thanks for all your comments. I work in law enforcement and there are cameras that officers can wear on their vests that record all interactions. This is for the protection of the officer (falsely accused) and the civilian.

Here is an example of a cam: http://www.galls.com/tactical-ear-g...era?PMSRCE=92350001&SESSIONID=000000083160106

Anyhow, I carry my iPhone on my vest and the camera is exposed. Would be awesome if I could just hit the power button a few times to activate the recording.

Thanks for all your help.