Video camera controls / adjustments

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by 1458279, May 17, 2012.

1. 1458279 Suspended

I started using my IPT to record video of text from a book (to read later) and I never really learned anything about the options for it.

The stock setup let's you tap once to focus on one area.

Double tap allows changes the screen, but the resulting video looks the same from what I can tell.

Q. What does double tap do?

I saw a video on YouTube that show tripple tap to pop up a zoom bar, but that doesn't work on mine. Might be an iOS5 only option.

Q. What does tripple tap do?

Q. Can you change anything like white balance, contrast, etc... or does that require an app.

I've seen apps that claim to work as a magnifying glass, and other effects using filter, but I haven't upgraded from iOS 4, so I don't think filters will work for me.

2. xStep macrumors 68000

It sounds to me that you are asking about the stock Apple camera app. That question doesn't belong in a programming forum.

As far as I know, the stock camera app has single tap and tap-and-hold features. Single tap only seems useful if you don't move the camera before snapping your shot. Tap-and-hold will lock auto exposure and auto focus.

A fancy app can independently set the white balance to an area independent of exposure and focus if the developer has programmed it that way. I do that in my time lapse app.