Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saiviti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
I have a video camera that plugs straight into the usb port to download. It works on a PC but I cannot get my Mac Book Pro to recognize it. It does not even show up on desktop. The camera did not have a software package with it as it automatically opens upon connection to computer. Is there some way I can get my mac to recognize the camera so I can load up my videos onto my Mac? Please help me out.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Go to the device's manufacturers website and look for a mac driver. I know its supposed to open on its own, but if there is actually a driver for it you might as well use it.

saiviti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there's no driver available. Any other ideas?

dgrizzell

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
Most video cameras require a FireWire connection to upload raw video. The USB connection is typically reserved for still frame photos.

1.) Is you camera in a view or play mode?
2.) Does the camera recognize a connection?

Check the website of the manufacturer for a manual to see exactly what you need to do. If it still doesn't work, check the troubleshooting section of the manual.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.