Video Card Update

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by zzzCookie, Jun 16, 2010.

1. zzzCookie macrumors newbie

zzzCookie

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my MacBook Pro using Boot Camp Assistant. However, the setup keeps hanging at "Setup is checking video performance". Right now, I am trying to update the drivers in Windows 7 remotely. Is there a way to update the drivers from Mac OS X?

2. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Either install drivers from osx disk or go to http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/. Manufacturers of laptops generally lock out updating video drivers from going to say nvidia.com/drivers. They do that because they want to tweak it specifically for that specific gpu model. That website ^^ sorta hacks the video registry allowing you to install drivers from nvidia.com

3. jendra macrumors newbie

You can update your old driver by latest ATI Catalyst Driver it is comfortable with Windows 7.

4. Yakuza macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

I did the download of the latest ATI driver but it just doesn't work. I have windows XP (yeahh i know) and did 3/4 times the download but it just keeps giving an error: Application Install: install package failure!.....what gives!?

Also i don't have internet access on the iMac...wtf? why?