Video clip from camera to iphoto

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Lost in Space, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Lost in Space macrumors newbie

I recently bought a PanasonicDMC-TZ5 digital camera with video capabilities. I'm able to download pictures to my iPhoto with no problem, but the videos just show up as still pictures. I went into the Apple store with the camera and they were able to download the videos onto iPhoto with no problem. However, mine still will not do it. I'm working with iPhoto 8 and Mac OS X Version 10.4.11. I'm not very tech savvy, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

In iPhoto, try right-clicking (or ctrl+clicking) the "picture" of your video and choose "Show File."

That will open a Finder window with the file selected. Maybe that will be your video?

3. Lost in Space thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks PCC Michael

I tried that and it gave me the file P1000033.JPG. I clicked on that, and it came back as a still picture again. Hmmmmm?? Thanks anyway!

4. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Hmmm. When I used to have a camera with video functionality, I used Image Capture (in your Applications folder), which downloaded the photos and videos for me. Maybe that would work as a temporary solution?

5. Lost in Space thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I'm amazed! I've been trying for two weeks (on and off) to try and figure out how to at least view these things, so I could get them off of the camera. Well, your temporary solution worked like a charm. I was quite happy to see all three videos using the Image Capture feature. When I had gone to the Apple Store, they never even mentioned the Image Capture to me. I will still try and find the final piece to the iPhoto puzzle, but until then I think this will work just fine. Now I'll see if I can send them off in an email to others. Thanks so much. You have just significantly lowered my anxiety level! Glad I finally found this site, and ultimately you..... the Answer Man. Thanks again!