Video Clip Sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AFPoster, Mar 22, 2010.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

For some reason when I make a video it wont let me e-mail it, even if the video is 2 -3 minutes long. I have tried compressing the video and everything else I can think of. Right now I am having to put it on my iDisk and sending an e-mail out to the person so they can receive it. Is their any other way to e-mail a video? Thank you

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Email attachments are for small files only. When you're uploading videos, either put them on your iDisk or upload them to YouTube, then email the link.

3. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

I believe the limit on an email attachment size is 10mb, thats how it is at yahoo at least.

4. marbres macrumors newbie

marbres

What file size is it ? : It doesn't matter what length the video is, it's all down to the file limit in place by your email provider as mentioned already in comments above.

You could use a file sharing site url]http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=file+sharing+sites+100Mb+limit&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=[/url] to send the video to your friends
    [..
    mediafire has worked ok fo me before now..
    Just upload it to a file share site of your choice [there are lots -see google search above-]... then send the link to your friends whcih will let thm dl the file to their machine ..most these sites have file size limits BUT they are higher than th measly 10mb limits in place for email attachments. but you can upgrade accounts for higher file limits or no limits ... all offer various pakages ... mediafireworked ok when i used it a while back

oh ye almost forgot iChat can be used to send files . !!. and it's really slick too nowadays.. I'd go with that if I had to send a file .. better than going to some advertising splattered FS site
    see: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...ile+sharing&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

5. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I should mention I have an @me e-mail account and I am using the Mail application with Snow Leopard. Whether that matters or not on the file size I have no idea. The file is around 8mb and it still is cancelling out. However I do receive e-mails from others of video clips and when I try to forward them it cancels. I tried this just a moment ago as a test and no luck.