Video Compression Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Stang68, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Hey guys and gals,

I just finished my music video assignment for media production class and everyone thought it was really good, albeit a bit weird haha. I put the mp4 file on my touch and now I want to put it up on YouTube or Google Video but I dont want it to look crappy. I have like 10 videos on Google but the quality could be better. I want the music video to look as good as possible. Do any of you know of any tips you could give me for video compression? I have Handbrake and tried playing around with that but the videos still look pixilated on Google and YouTube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

3. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

4. nebarik macrumors member

ok the thing about youtube is it has high compression to allow for fast streaming to people viewing it. no matter what video u upload, its gonna look like crap.

there is a way to get around it but. because youtube uses .fla videos (flash), when u upload a .mpg or whatever, it converts it to its horrible fast settings. to get around it, convert ur videos into .fla with whatever settings you want first (for ur case, i recommend something in the vicinity of 800kb/s video and 128kb/s audio for good quaility without sacrificing too much file size or load times for the watchers.). when u upload the .fla file, youtube doesnt convert, and viola u have a HQ video up there