Video Conferencing (6-way)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pressure, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I have been asked to come up with a solution for 6-way video conferencing for a business client and, unfortunately, iChat only supports up to 4-way conferencing.

Anyone have any experience in this field? I will most likely recommend they buy the newest 21.5" iMac, so the hardware is the same.

They have to use it for cross-country communication as well as between different countries and they guesstimate that 6-way video conferencing will comply with their needs.

2. Molnies macrumors member

It somewhat depends on your needs (i.e. just see each other or do you want a whiteboard and other such tools)... one way to go is Adobe Connect Pro if you need the extra tools etc.

3. Pressure thread starter macrumors 68040

Pressure

Thanks for the response.

Basically they need to have video + voice and the ability to share documents and view files in much the same way as iChat can. I suppose "whiteboard" is simply the same ability that iChat offers?

It will most likely only be text and excel documents that needs to be shared and the occasional video.

I was hoping there were a solution as "simple" as iChat in regards to form and function (as the people involved are far from tech-savvy) and Adobe Connect Pro seems fairly comprehensive from the looks of it.

I hate to bump my own thread but there has to be something else, besides Adobe and iChat that works fairly easy?