Video conversion

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by archdelux, Mar 27, 2011.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, the ipad doesn't seem to recognize any of the videos that I record with my digital camera, and so only the photos (and not the .mpg videos) sync to the 'photos' app

My question is: is there a mac application that will go through and automatically convert all of my .mpg videos to .m4v (or other ipad-compatible formats) and leave the new videos in the same folder as the original?

I tried using handbrake, but I have to manually select the source and destination for each folder, which would take hours to do (unless I am missing something?)

Any tips appreciated!

2. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I've been using the Replay Converter tool from from Applian Technologies. It will convert a batch of videos to any format you want (including the various iPod/iPad formats) and save them to the same directory. There is even an option to put them right into iTunes. I've used their Replay Capture suite of tools for years and they have been very reliable. Applian regularly makes free updates. I believe you can try before you buy.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Handbrake allows you to que up your videos and do a batch conversion to one folder.