Video Converting Software for iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amr1k, Mar 2, 2008.

1. amr1k macrumors newbie

iam trying to put videos on my ipod, and i see that you have to convert the videos before putting them in your itunes library. where can i find a video converting software? i tryed downloading a couple different ones, but they didnt work. If somebody could help me out with this, it would be great.
    (the videos are off of youtube)

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

I like VisualHub. It does cost ($23.32), but it's so dang easy to use, it was totally worth it for me.

3. amr1k thread starter macrumors newbie

4. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

5. tobyboat macrumors newbie

^ Handbrake is just for DVD's isn't it?

iSquint does the trick nicely. It's the free version of VisualHub :)

6. ingenious macrumors 68000

ingenious

If they're off of YouTube, then they'll be in the Flash Video format (.FLV). I just use Perian (it's a QuickTime component for a bunch of stuff, including FLV files). I put the YT clip in my iMovie, hit share to iPod (or QT) and presto! iTunes-converted file.

side-note:
    To me, it would seem that since Perian is a QT component, iTunes should be able to play FLV files and convert them to iPod/iPhone/:apple:tv-compatible .mp4 s, but it doesn't work for me.

7. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

iSquint, it is superb. It is made by the same people that make visualhub, but visual hub has more features. I think for what you want to achieve, iSquint will do perfectly!!!

EDIT: iSquint is FREEEEEEEE!
    EDIT 2: Sorry 'tobyboat' (whoever you are) I didn't mean to repeat you! I should read the thread first! Haha :p