Video Converting

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JamesGorman, May 31, 2009.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Hey everyone, Im currently doing some video converting using handbrake and I was just wondering if its ok to do this for a prolonged period of time? I have 7 movies to do, and am currently on the 3rd one. They take about 30 minutes each to complete and my cpu is currently at 84C. It fluctuates anywhere from 80C to 87C. Im just wondering if I should maybe give the cpu a break or if I can just do them all in one sitting?

Thanks, James

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This is 2009. If your computer cannot run at 100% capacity 24/7 for a month minimum, there is something wrong with it.

They're not human. They don't need breaks. Your heat is also fine; don't worry.

*cue uprising*

3. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Thanks, btw, I wasnt worried about the heat itself, I was just worried about keeping it at that heat for a prolonged period of time. But yea, I figured it would be fine, I just wanted to make sure..Thanks Again

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If you hadn't posted this, I was going to say something right along these lines!

5. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

Lol, I did this just the other day. Except I did 47 movies and it took like 4 days. :) Its all good though. Your computer will be just fine, don't worry.