Video Counting Software for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JaG8or, Oct 2, 2014.

1. JaG8or macrumors newbie

JaG8or

I have to analyze a great deal of video data and get object counts, movements, etc...

Is anyone aware of software that could get counts of video footage? I have found some for PC, but nothing for Mac yet.

Thanks!

2. daybreak macrumors 6502a

If you read your post it needs a bit more information? If you use a editing software you find plug in's which should help.

3. JaG8or thread starter macrumors newbie

JaG8or

I use FCPX to edit my video footage, are there plug ins for FCPX that could capture counts off the footage?

Thanks

4. rei101 macrumors 6502a

I didn't understand at all what he wanted and I do not believe my English is that bad.

5. JaG8or thread starter macrumors newbie

JaG8or

My team films traffic, parking, pedestrians and transportation for stadiums and arenas. We use Final Cut Pro X to edit the footage, time stamp it, and speed it up. We are looking for something that we could use to count objects (pedestrians, vehicles, etc...) within the footage. I have found software solutions, but all I have found are Windows based. Is anyone aware of software or a FCPX plug in that could capture counts in such a manor? Thanks

6. Drewski macrumors regular

Any luck finding this? I've got a similar but probably simpler goal, which is just to count traffic passing a certain point. Manually counting, even after speeding up the video, is excruciatingly slow.

7. JaG8or thread starter macrumors newbie

JaG8or

Nothing yet, still looking for options...all suggestions appreciated!