Video Crop Help as seen in the linked movie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by CSLEWIS-FAN, Jul 27, 2010.

1. CSLEWIS-FAN macrumors newbie

I saw this video on Vimeo (Random Pieces of Random) Link -http://vimeo.com/7693526 - I got really inspired and want to be able to do this with some of my own video, but I am lost. I have After Effects CS4 along with Premiere Pro CS4 and Final Cut Express 4.
    Please take a look at this video on Vimeo and send me your suggestions on how to get this done. It is more than just cropping one video. I need to be able to crop three videos and place them all into one. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time here to walk me through this.

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I guees you've never used FCE before. Get all the three videos in the timeline, place them all above eachother. Now you only see the top video in the preview. Double click the top video (in your timeline) so it will open in your viewer.

There go to the properties tab. There should be a crop option. Do your thing. Repeat this action (double clicking the video you wish to crop, changing the settings in the properties tab) until you're done.

3. CSLEWIS-FAN thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. That makes complete sense now. I'm trying to learn After Effects and Premiere and have been concentrating on them. I've used FCE in the past but have never croped anything in it before. Guess I just dropped the ball on this and was making it harder than it was. Thanks.