Video driver for a pre-2007 iMac running Windows XP?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by GWaffle, Aug 29, 2011.

1. GWaffle macrumors newbie

I need to know if there is anything that can be done to help the situation I'm in.

I own a late 2006 model Intel Imac. I primarily run Windows XP on it via the Boot Camp Partitioner. Games are slow and stuff but that's because of hardware age.

Now the real problem I now encounter on a daily basis and have no idea how to fix is it appears that after 2008, Apple/ATI/whomever stopped updating video drivers for Imac models below the 2007 level. Originally this produced little effect, but overtime has seen increases in degeneration of everything video-related, particularly when I try and play games.

It's....frustrating to think that I have been forsaken, and there's not a thing to be done about it. I am not in a position to get a new computer, so I am stuck with what I have and I'm trying to find ways to somehow update this video driver

So I'm here to ask you, Mac Rumors... does a video driver for a pre-2007 Imac running Windows XP exist anywhere? Or am I SOL and should take a jack hammer to this machine.

Thanks

2. G-Force macrumors 6502a

3. GWaffle thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a Radeon x1600

Why is it no longer updated, and why did they stop updating a product 2 years after it's release -_-

Thanks for the info anyway