Video editing and screen size

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dcx3, Oct 16, 2008.

1. dcx3 macrumors member

Well I chatted with Apple and they basically said the only difference between the MB and MBP is screen size...oh and that price gap.

I have always wanted a MBP, but now that the MB is just as good it seems I could just get one of those. However I really would like that bigger screen.

I will be doing alot of video editing such as imovie and Final Cut Express, so that screen would be nice too.

Im wary of the MB because of the screen size, and how loud can that little speaker get? It looks like it'd be super quiet.

So I guess im asking, what would you advise to do? Of course with the current times, any penny saved is nice but if its worth it to get the MBP I would.

thoughts?

2. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Well screen size is a issue but you can hook it up to a monitor .

The thing is that the 13inch does not have firewire.

3. dcx3 thread starter macrumors member

yeah im leaning more towards the MBP, i know id regret getting just a MB. After I bought my iBook I wished I would have gotten a G4 powerbook :rolleyes:

4. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

FCStudio on a 15" is a pretty standard thing, going back to the ol' Titanium powerBook days. A 13" is alright for MS Office, but vid-work is best on something larger.

5. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

I have a 15" macbook pro and editing on it works but is a little cramped for my taste, I couldn't imagine editing on the 13" with it's lower res screen.

Also if you connect your video camera to your computer with firewire then you can't go for the macbook, only the pro has firewire.