Video editing app - Mono audio to stereo

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by tokyoblue, Feb 10, 2014.

1. tokyoblue macrumors newbie

tokyoblue

Hi all,

I am using my ipad to video myself playing guitar for online lessons. I use an Apogee One interface and it is a mono recording device, so I only get one channel of audio when I record on the ipad.

To turn this signal to stereo I am currently exporting the video to my computer and using the "mono" function in the previous version of iMovie (under export using Quicktime).

Is there any video editing app on the ipad that can convert mono to stereo when exporting the video? I would like to be able to do everything on my ipad instead of having to do this in two steps.

Thanks!

2. jjohnson191 macrumors newbie

You figure a workaround for this issue?

Hey TokyoBlue,

Came across your post while trouble shooting a similar issue. Like you, I am recording video on iPad using Apogee One as audio source (because the ipad’s built-in mic is pretty much useless for capturing any usable audio of an acoustic guitar). Also like you, I am also struggling with the extra step of turning the mono audio into a stereo track. I am currently exporting into Logic and handling it there, which is clunky and time consuming ad sort of defeating the entire purpose

I purchased the One hoping to use it as an “on the fly” interface for recording video of ideas/melodies on guitar with decent audio. The idea was, when I later turn the ideas into a full song I don't have to figure out every note again by ear. I have an actual video of what I did on the fretboard – a million times easier. BUT, the mono issue is sort of making the entire thing unenjoyably.

Did you figure something out?

I’m thinking of returning One for Apogee Mic which, if I’m not mistaken, is L/R stereo even if shooting with ipad/iphone native camera app. Although I’d be giving up the line in option and, I’m not sure Mic allows for real-time monitoring.

If you have any thoughts, I’d appreciate them. Thanks.

JJ