Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lukeksk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
I'm looking to do some video editing on my iPad with the home videos i have esp when I'm on the road. Would anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I don't know any, but I have the feeling Apple is working on iMovie for iPad.

RobBookPro

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
I would recommend buying a laptop. Single core processor with 256mb of ram and a lack of a file system makes video editing hard

chris8535

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
Why do people seem set on turning the iPad into a production device. Its clearly a consumption device and very weak in other arenas. A laptop is for production.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
PhoneI said:
There's an app for that. ReelDirector. It's a great app.

Wow, that's an impressive app. iPad version submitted for approval according to the summary.

Now just need to figure out how to get the files on the iPad :D

Even remoting in proved to have its issues when messing around with a video editor on the desktop lol

ashVID

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Think outside the box... the same was argued against laptops just 10 years ago.

That's not true at all. In 2000 I had a Sony Vaio laptop that I used to edit a music video that was #1 on MTV in several countries.

Touch screen and video editing seem to go hand in hand for sure but it won't be on the iPad. If we are talking about clipping videos and adding some simple FX, that is another story but we won't see anything robust, the platform can't handle it.

ash =o)

r.spurgeon

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Video Edition and iPad

Why do people seem set on turning the iPad into a production device. Its clearly a consumption device and very weak in other arenas. A laptop is for production.

While I'm traveling around, I can make short, short videos with my Nikpn, transfer them to my iPad, clean them up and send them to family and friends.

Stirolak123

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010

So are sony portable devices and gaming systems like the psp -- ahead of its time in multimedia -- that cost half the price and allow external storage upgrades.

Stirolak123

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
That's not true at all. In 2000 I had a Sony Vaio laptop that I used to edit a music video that was #1 on MTV in several countries.

Touch screen and video editing seem to go hand in hand for sure but it won't be on the iPad. If we are talking about clipping videos and adding some simple FX, that is another story but we won't see anything robust, the platform can't handle it.

ash =o)

Naw it will be on the samsung galaxy and iPad 2.

Stirolak123

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
Is there a way to take videos with your iphone camera and sync them or transfer them wirelessly to the ipad folder in one of these apps? Or, if not folder something like Dropbox but for video and images?

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
There's an app called Pic Transfer which I have on both devices, lets you transfer photos/movies between devices via wifi or bluetooth.

Photo Transfer is the best app if you only need Wifi

bizill

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010

Haha, yeah, and vinyl records will be around forever :-/

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Wow, that's an impressive app. iPad version submitted for approval according to the summary.

Now just need to figure out how to get the files on the iPad :D

Even remoting in proved to have its issues when messing around with a video editor on the desktop lol

I would use something like file browser that allows you pick a file from your network and open in a program of your choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.