Video editing freeware?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by yzkrak, Jun 8, 2011.

1. yzkrak macrumors newbie

yzkrak

Hello, this is my first post and I've searched for two hours on this forum to see if someone had asked what I'm about to. Answer came out negative, if this is repeated, I'm terribly sorry.

Ok, so I am in need of a decent software to edit some videos. I know iMovie is integrated on my OS but I honestly dislike the problem and I need a bit more options to edit the audio of the video. Timelines are my thing (L).

Anyways, I know about Final Cut and Premiere, I've used both, but unfortunately, I cannot afford any of them. I'm looking for a freeware preferably or something cheap, that has a timeline and basic options, but with an easier interface than iMovie. I've looked around but most of them are for Linux.

Help will be greatly appreciated! :)

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Which iMovie are you using? iMovie11 has a Timeline, and has good audio editing now.

3. yzkrak thread starter macrumors newbie

yzkrak

I'm using iMovie09. Is there a way I can update to the newer version?

4. Richardthe4th macrumors regular

5. xStep macrumors 68000

Here is another third party video editor; SimpleMovieX - $39

If you are running Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) then you can buy the current version of iMovie. It is $14.99. If you are near an Apple store, go check it out and ask to see the time line feature.

6. cgbier macrumors 6502a

If you are not in a hurry, you can wait for Lightworks being ported to OS X fourth quarter this year. Or if you have a Windows partition you can download the Win version.

A pro level software for free (at least at this moment).