Video Editing Solutions, having a few second thoughts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cameron2008, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Cameron2008 macrumors newbie

Before I bought my first mac. I heard from many people Macs are known for video editing.

I found that using HD Imovie,and Imovie 08, and Final Cut all disgust me.

HD Imovie, it has nice effects. however when I import a image it becomes not as vivid as in Imovie 08.

Imovie 08 doesn't have the features that HD imovie has, however the Images are clearer and more vivid.

Final Cut Pro- I noticed it has the effects, the image quality is okay. However, I don't like the layout it seems sonfusing but doable.

Is there a better Video editing software out there that you use? Something not for a new beginner but isn't too complex?

Thanks for your time,
    Cameron

2. McDughf macrumors regular

Just A Couple Questions:
    What Exactly Is HD iMovie?
    What Do You Mean By Image Quality Is Okay In Final Cut?

The Image Quality Of Final Cut Is Determined By Your Delivery Format eg A DV Video Will Export To 720x576. Final Cut Can Handle Anything From iPod All The Way Upto IMAX Resolution. Are You Sure You Have Set The RealTime Playback To Full Quality?

The Layout Of Final Cut Can To A Certain Degree Be Customised, But I Tend To Find That The Standard Layout Is The Best At The End Of They Day, Except I Have It Sprawled Across Two Monitors.

Reminds Me About When I First Had To Switch To Maya 3D, From 3DS Max And Lightwave; I Could Not Stand The Layouts And The Conventions, But After A Few Days Working With It I Find Now That The Others Were No Where As Intuitive As Maya.

No Offense Intended Here, But I Think You Should Get A Decent Tutorial Book And Try Out The Software First, Before Making Any Quick Judgements About It - Internet Tutorials Are No Where As Good And The User Manuals Have Too Much Information Too Fast. Shouldn't Be Too Expensive After Forking Out The 900 Pounds For The Software In The First Place...