Video editor to suit my needs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ikermalli, Mar 22, 2009.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone,

Yes, I have done a search, I went through 5 of 10 pages of it, read the threads and only one thread came close. So here's what I would like to do, I make a lot of videos (.mov) with screenflow and iShowU (not iShowU HD), I also like to make video with my digital camera (Fujifilm S1000FD captures in high quality). I want to make it so I can put text on the screen during the video, in whichever size i would like, whichever color, and I want the people to be able to see what is happening, I don't want it to be a black background with white writing like in iMovie. I also want to be able to make the screen have effects, like it starts flipping around in different ways and centers back into the middle and lets the movie play. I also want to be able to grey everything out, and make one thing red, like say in video game montages (especially gears of war headshot montages). Thanks for the help!

- ikermalli

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Sounds like Final Cut Express will fit your needs.

3. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can I edit .mov files with it? I need to learn how to use it... I have it, but I don't know how to use it... :eek:

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Yes, you can edit .mov files.

Check this out for links and tips.

5. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Where is a good guide to learn how to use it? Like tutorials. I have version 4.0 and I have Livetype with it

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

See my edit above.

7. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a