Video ends in "iphone-cell.3gp" Despite never having been on an iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Desperate4Ansr, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Desperate4Ansr macrumors newbie

This is a a sort of strange question, but it actually leaves my RELATIONSHIP with my Girlfriend hanging in the balance!

Years ago, I made a video on a 2008 iMac, in Photobooth. I then used a usb drive to move it to a Macbook. Recently, I emailed the file to myself, so that it would be on my iMac again.

Now the video file ends in "-iphone-cell.3gp" despite having NEVER been on an iphone.

I can't explain it.

Oh, the reason it affects my relationship? It was an old sextape, and now my girlfriend thinks its recent because I never had an iphone until recently.

Help?:confused:

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure how/why that got appended to the filename but there's probably some benign and not very interesting explanation. In the end, is it the same old video as before? If so, sounds like it doesn't matter what that naming is all about really (and you could even rename it back to what you expect).

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Did you 'export' it from QuickTime or a similar app? I believe QT will append a file suffix depending on how a video is exported and in what format. That could explain the file suffix.