Video feedback?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iphoneusere92, Jan 10, 2009.

1. iphoneusere92 macrumors newbie

I need some advice on getting our videos better, I know we need to work on shots, and story line a little better but what else? (Mostly talking about survivormen) Please look at our videos and tell me what else? Maybe I got it all?
    http://youtube.com/user/poorproductions09

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Well for starters, I would work on lighting your shots better. You don't have to go out and buy $15,000 worth of Kino Flo lights to fix this, picking the location of shooting better, and a lamp in the right spot would really help then check the camera to see if the subject that you are focused on is not to dark or pure white. Also, shooting outside can end up giving terrible results, especially on a windy day. The mic on cameras picks up wind better than your ears so keep that in mind. When you shoot outside in the Bored TV episodes, the window in the back lets in a lot of light that throws off the iris of the camera. I would try putting a blanket over the window to stop some of that light. Also, when someone enters the set on the Bored TV episodes, the iris often adjusts and goes somewhat crazy. See if your camera has a setting to take off the auto adjust, I would do that. If not you will just have to be careful when someone is entering. And by the way, barley any YouTube posters "have it all".

David