Video File Conversion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JamesGorman, Dec 2, 2010.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Hey guys, Im trying to convert an .mkv file using handbrake, Im trying to convert it to a mp4, but it will only convert the first four seconds of video, than output it, saying that "your handbrake que is done" Problem is, its no where near done. The video is over an hour and a half long. Any ideas why it would be doing this?

Thanks,
    James

2. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Anyone have any suggestions? I really need to get this video done asap, and Can't for the life of me figure this one out. I'm stumped :eek:

3. tekksan macrumors regular

Try VideoMonkey? It's free and works pretty good...

4. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Could just be a bug with handbrake, have you tried another encoder?

5. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Yup, I tried one called "prism" It wouldn't even load the file. Ill try videomonkey, and get back to you guys.

6. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Videomonkey is doing the same thing. Im gonna try to download a different version of the video, and see if that helps.

7. JonLa macrumors 6502

MKVs are always hideous to convert - even more so than avi, they are often containers for the most obscure codecs or the most badly encoded files. Handbrake also won't like any embedded subtitles, and I can't remember whether it can distinguish multiple audio streams successfully

That said - have a look in the handbrake forums - sometimes their "nightly builds" and beta versions contain bugfixes