Video file only shows in iMovie?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CBlakeston, Nov 2, 2010.

1. CBlakeston macrumors 6502

I read the other day that you can plug your iPhone into iMovie and import videos directly rather then go though iPhoto. Eager to experiment with iLife 11 and my iPhone 4 i tried it. Only to find a random 10 second shot I'd taken a few months back in France. The video would have originally been in my camera roll along with many others but has since been transferred to iPhoto and deleted from the phone so it shouldn't be there.

It doesn't show up in the camera roll, or in iPhoto. Just iMovie. I even downloaded an iPhone explorer tool for Mac and looked in the iPhone photo directory and there are no files in the Video folder there either. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of hints but its very annoying. Any suggestions?

I would guess a firmware restore will fix it but its not worth loosing years of SMS over and i presume a restore from backup would carry the mystery file over?

2. CBlakeston thread starter macrumors 6502

3. CBlakeston thread starter macrumors 6502

In case anyone finds this - Updating to 4.2 seems to have fixed things. The video file in question turned back up in the photos reel.